Mr. Popka attended the University of La Verne Law School where he earned his Juris Doctorate in 1977 (cum laude). He earned his Bachelor’s Degree at the University of California at Riverside in 1971 (cum laude).
Admission to Practice
Mr. Popka was admitted to practice in California in 1977. He is admitted to the United States District Court, Central Division. He has sat as a past judge pro tem for the County of San Bernardino; and currently is assigned as an arbitrator on the San Bernardino County Panel.
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Past Judge Pro Tem, San Bernardino County
Mr. Popka has tried over 50 jury cases to verdict in the areas including roadway design, premise liability, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, sexual molestation, vehicle accidents, government tort liability, wrongful death, and general tort litigation.
Significant cases which Mr. Popka has tried to verdict include:
- Anthony J. v. Victor Elementary School District
- Conklin v. County of San Bernardino
- Wood v. County of San Bernardino
- Jackson v. San Bernardino City Unified School District